Back to top
Skip to content
The 26th Light Dragoons were formed in 1795. In 1805 they became 23rd Light Dragoons and under that title carried out the gallant but disastrous charge at the Battle of Talavera on 20 July 1809. They were disbanded in 1817, and spent the next hundred years in abeyance, to be raised again in 1941.